The MY Leadership Academy programme is a British Gymnastics initiative designed to create a structure which young people can follow to help them develop as leaders within gymnastics in schools, clubs and leisure centres. The programme encourages leaders to complete five different ‘topic’ areas:
- MY Learning: Leaders are tasked with completing a number of different courses, both generic and sport specific.
- MY Development: Leaders are tasked with identifying a mentor and learning from working alongside them.
- MY Volunteering: Leaders are tasked with volunteering their time at events, and meetings.
- MY Future: Leaders are tasked with producing a development plan and completing their goals.
- MY Project: Leaders are tasked with identifying the needs, and running a project which benefits them/their club.
The programme introduces Young Leaders to the various roles and opportunities available within the sport. Helping them to identify their strengths and the areas they enjoy; encouraging them to stay within the sport for longer, creating a larger, stronger workforce for the future.
The academy is targeted at Young Leaders aged 11-17 but is open to anyone over the age of 11. The booklet is available free to members of British Gymnastics.
The MY Leadership Academy programme is designed to be structured but flexible, to allow it to be adapted to suit the needs of different individuals and different environments. There are awards, rewards and recognition available at various stages of completion to encourage the participants to continue following the programme and develop as leaders.
If you are interested in joining the MY Leadership Academy programme or setting up your own, please contact Mollie Davies on the details below to find out more information and for an application form:
Club Development Coordinator
Mobile: 07825384879 or
email: [antibot mailto=”[email protected]”]