This section provides details of competitions such as:
- Upcoming competitions and entry forms.
- Results of previous competitions (2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015).
- Links to BG competition related material, routine details & other competition structures.
- A guide for officials on what the different official roles are
- A guide for parents and bouncers on what to expect at a competition
- TSCORE material (TSCORE is the software used to schedule and run the competitions)
Upcoming Competitions & Events
Competitions and other events we know about are as follows, click here for documents related to regional events:
Open competitions will normally be run using the following Open Structure allowing competitors following all regional & other National Competition Structures to compete alongside each other.
Outline of the Open Structure for Trampoline
The routines build on the BG Regional, Club and Disability Series schemes but allow for the creation of a voluntary routine at all levels. We hope to have Time of Flight available for Regional levels and above.
At Open level 4 and Open level 5 the requirements allow for the use of a wide variety of first routines and, through not using difficulty value in the first routine, value good execution.
Age groups will be those used in BG schemes but, within a level, groups may be merged to create a competitive group of reasonable size.
At all levels there will be a penalty of 2.0 for not meeting or for breaching the requirements below.
Club levels 1 -3
First, set, routines are as given in the BG 2022 Competition Handbook. Voluntary routines must meet the following criteria:
- Club 1 – No somersaults.
- Club 2 – Maximum 1 somersault and maximum skill difficulty 0.5.
- Club 3 – Maximum 2 somersaults and maximum skill difficulty 0.6.
Regional levels 1 -3
First, set, routines and voluntary restrictions are as given in the BG 2022 Competition Handbook. Voluntary routines must meet the following criteria:
- Regional 1 – Minimum difficulty 1.6 and maximum skill difficulty 0.6.
- Regional 2 – Minimum difficulty 3.0 and maximum skill difficulty 0.7.
- Regional 3 – Minimum difficulty 4.1 and maximum skill difficulty 0.8.
Open Levels 4 & 5
The following levels are criteria based and will allow not only Regional 4 competitors to compete but also those working on National League, English League or Spring Series Routines.
- Open 4 – First Routine: 10 skill routine that must contain at least 8 somersaults of 270°+ (this will enable gymnasts to use a BG Regional Level 4 first routine if wished)
Voluntary Routine: minimum difficulty of 4.1 (lowest of Regional 4 minimum tariffs) and tariff cap of 8.0.
- Open 5 – First Routine: 10 skill routine that must contain at least 9 somersaults of 270°+ (avoids the complexities of myriad routines used at Spring, English and League competitions)
Voluntary Routine: minimum difficulty of 5.5. No tariff cap.
All levels that are in BG’s Technical Requirements 2022 for both Category A & B competitors.
- Club Level 1 – first routine as in BG scheme. Vol can have no somersaults.
- Club Level 2 – first routine as in BG scheme. Vol: 1 somersault maximum max skill difficulty of 0.5.
- Regional Level 1 – first routine as in BG scheme. Vol: min difficulty 1.2 max skill difficulty of 0.5.
- Regional Level 2 – first routine as in BG scheme. Vol: min difficulty 1.6 max skill difficulty of 0.6.
- Spring Cup Level 1: first routine as in BG scheme. Vol: min difficulty 3.0 max skill difficulty of 0.7.
- Spring Cup Level 2: first routine as in BG scheme. Vol: min difficulty 4.0.
Potential DMT Structure?
In order to promote participation in the discipline of Double Mini Trampoline at the Trampoline East Regional Championships, this competition will have a different format to that of the Regional Qualification events.
Some clubs have expressed that the prescriptive nature of the National Development Plan levels for DMT has prevented some of their gymnasts from competing so far this year. In response to this Phil has devised a competition format comprising entirely voluntary passes, with bands of degree of difficulty (DD) determining which group a gymnast should enter.
Competing a pass that falls below the lower limit will result in a deduction of 0.5 from each execution judge, passes exceeding the limit will be capped.
|Band 1||max DD of 0.7 in each pass|
|Band 2||DD of between 0.6 – 1.3 in each pass (every pass must contain a somersault)|
|Band 3||DD of between 1.2 – 2.2 in each pass|
|Band 4||DD of between 2.1 – 4.4 in each pass|
|Band 5||minimum DD of 4.3 in each pass|
Any questions about competitions to [email protected].
Completed competition downloads will all be posted in the relevant year page in the menu above under Competitions.