BG’s July Funding newsletter (attached) lists lots more funding opportunities for clubs to investigate including:
- Cash for old clothes – Bag4Sport
- Sports Award of £1,000 per month and entry for £5,000 at end of season – Barclays Community Sports Award
- Funding of up to £5,000 for youth, community, health or leisure projects – Bernard Sunley Charitable Foundation
email – email@example.com
tel – 020 7408 2198
- Community Buildings between £100,000 – £500,000 – Big Lottery Fund Reaching Communities
- Facilities Improvement from £500 – £1,000 – Cash 4 Clubs
- Community funding grants between £100 – £2,000 – Co-operative Community Fund
- Social projects lasting 3 months between £500 – £5,000 – People’s Postcode Trust
- Multi-sport facilities development for ‘regionally significant’ sports – Sport England Iconic Facilities
- Facility modernisation projects between £20,000 – £150,000 – Sport England Inspired Facilities
- Small projects for sporting outcomes between £300 – £10,000 – Sport England Small Grants
- Match funding from business – minimum £1,000 from applicant – Sport England Sportsmatch
- Funding for young volunteers – SportsAid and UnLtd
- Funding for disabilities – Inclusive Sport Fund (Sport England 08458 508 508), Boost Charitable Fund, Dickie Bird Foundation and Peter Harrison Foundation
- Grants of between £50,000 – £150,000 to retain specialist investment and contract advisors for £5000,000 plus projects – Social Investment Business
- Young entrepreneurs start-up loans of up to £2,500 – Startup Britain
- Local support from Wilkinsons – Helping Hands
- Grants for young volunteers up to £500 – vinspired Cashpoint
- Grants for charitable and community groups – National Express
- Grants to support between 10-15 merger projects – Esmee Fairbairn Foundation
- Grants between £300 – £10,000 to involve local people in their communities – Big Lottery Fund Awards for All
- Fundraising ideas and support (e.g. how to get £150 per year from a website link) – ClubNet
- Grants of between £25,000 – £40,000 to support Sport for Change and Local Communities – Comic Relief
- Donations of between £500 – £4,000 for community projects – Tesco Charity Trust
- 50% Bursaries of between £100 – £1,000 to support volunteers develop their skills – Torch Trophy Trust
- Business planning tool to help groups plan their ‘business’ – Community Matters
- Improving value of donations and possible tax-breaks – Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASC)
- Central repository for lottery funding opportunities – Lottery Funding
Sarah Parker at BG has told us:
Gillette UK have announced a grants programme for coaches. To apply, coaches need to go to the Gillette Facebook page (link below), ‘like’ it and then complete a very short application form (basically just name, contact details, club and qualification).
You will be informed by the end of September if you were successful or not. There are no details of how much funding is available or any further details but it looks quite straightforward and it is in partnership with SportsCoachUK.
… in checking this out the webmaster found that there is a ‘Coaching’ sub-page that is the key one to ‘Like’ – the Logo above right links directly to that page.
BG’s latest funding newsletter has 8 pages of potential funding sources including:
- Sportsmatch – up to £100k
- Hidden Charitable Fund – for small schemes & clubs
- National Loan Guarantee Scheme for loan funding
- Comic Relief (deadline 8th June)
- Sported for schemes looking to help disadvantaged youngsters aged 11 – 25
- MARS Refuel Drink Fund – awards of up to £1,000
- Esmee Fairbairn – unusually offering funding for running costs!
- Disabilities funding:
- Peter Harrison Foundation
- Cable & Wireless Worldwide
- BUPA Foundation Annual Prizes
- Youth Investment Fund for those aged 18 – 24
- Big Society Capital Funding providing loans between £500k and £15m!
- Village SOS for community-based projects in communities of less than 3,000 people
- Community Matters – consultancy
- Investment & Contract Readiness Fund – targeting high growth projects
- Government Giving – potential for matched funding
Click the link to download… BG Funding newsletter Apr 2012
Sarah Parker at BG has advised us of another source of funding opportunities:
Sports Coach UK in partnership with the CSSN and SkillsActive has updated the Funding Opportunities for Coaching guide. The guide contains information on funding available in England to support coaching.
The guide is now available to download from http://www.sportscoachuk.org/resource/funding-coaching-guide.
This is an extremely useful tool so please make use of it.
… with 66 pages of detailed listings though you will need to set some time aside to review them all (although the first 8 are national and the next 11 Eastern so maybe not too bad)!